View Single Post
      03-13-2019, 03:57 PM   #102
mbj666
Private
Rep
Drives: M4 CP - Frozen Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slips View Post
Look forward to what your report on your GTS flash.

My warranty runs out end of month and prob not renewing so will be modding the M3, just put off a little by the hassle of going modified insurance but I suppose it will work out cheaper than changing the car.
mine still in warranty so aware bit of risk with dealer (next service not due for another 11k miles and seen a number of other guys been to their dealer without issue post gts flash) but went for gts flash as main reason was fed up with traction control constantly kicking in and ruining the experience

so far main things i have noticed especially given the bumpy typically wet cumbrian/lake district roads (ranked in order of what i noticed the most):

massive difference in getting power down for me with traction control only coming in when car really twitching but even then far far less invasive (recognise this has been my experience in wet/rainy conditions only so far)

next is the reduced gear change slam (when on no.3 setting) is far smoother and doesn't as a result constantly unsettle car and again give traction issues/nannying

steering although still heavy in sports plus feels lighter/faster to turn when at speed which to me helped give much better road/car feedback than previously

finally noticed gear change quicker especially going into or out of reverse back to drive

hopefully helps other peeps out anyway
Appreciate 0