View Single Post
      11-27-2019, 07:39 PM   #28
Nativetexan
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l. View Post
The way i see it if you are the type that brings your car outside to get washed (machine or "handwash") then getting a full paint correction with your coating is a waste because it takes 10-20 hours to fully correct a car but it takes one improper wash to throw all that down the drain. Now multiply that however many automatic car washes you go to per month your money for that paint correction is just wasted.

Eitherway a coated car is WAYYYYY easier to maintain. Car stays cleaner longer. Dirt and bird poop washes off easier. Drying the car is 1000x easier especially if you are using a leaf blower. A non coated car the water just spreads around the panels with a leaf blower but a coated car the water literally flies off the paint. Unless you have a concurs type show car where you need the absolute max shine I don't see any reason to use traditional waxes anymore. Coatings are just as easy if not easier to apply, lasts way longer and offers more protection than waxes.

The one downside with coatings is water spotting. I noticed that my cquartz UK car tends to have more water spots showing. I never noticed this when I use to use Optimum products. I heard this is a side effect of some coatings.

Alan
Why would a hand wash be a waste...?
Appreciate 0