01-16-2021, 08:54 PM   #4240
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Completely obvious observation (I guess):

All of these Q/Trumpkins/Stomers are just a big internet forum where they all got to be friends, share community & belonging, and slowly share larger and larger conspiracies ... and then it all got so out of hand some of them ended up in a big LARP convention & being 90% of the capitol seditionists ... with the other 10% actual hardened criminals and/or foreign agents.

If and when the full story comes out, it's going to end up being the greatest PsyOp ever perpetrated against ANY country, and unfortunately didn't need much help from foreign actors other than flame-fanning.

I say this because as I read and hear from actual people involved they truly believed this was like some big convention "over there" and then they'd come home and be normal. They're truly flabbergasted there might be consequences - they're at the "geez, maybe I should delete all the evidence on my phone" stage.

They truly don't get they jeopardized the foundations of their lives and of the US. They're just barely waking up to maybe this was, like, a pretty serious thing. Like a bank robber who's like, "whoa you mean like jail jail illegal?? should I hide this money??" really!

They really and truly see this as a live-action role playing thing, not a crimes-against-democracy thing.

I honestly can't wrap my head around it.

Are internet forums way more subconsciously dangerous than we ever thought? I'm starting to think deleting the politics sub-forum here was a genius move ...
It’s made me truly think we need to look at curtailing certain things that are now considered free speech. People are a lot more stupid (and hateful etc etc) than I ever dreamed in this country unfortunately.
Appreciate 4
chris7197334.00
GrussGott18164.00
Lups11826.50