11-11-2015, 02:51 PM   #8
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryder View Post
Well, just to confirm that I'm not totally out of my mind:

- Talked to dealer, they pulled the warranty sheet they submitted for the update, and confirmed that they updated the ASD module using ISPI NEXT. I don't think they chose to update ASD specifically, and just did it blanketed update for everything.

- Coded the car this morning, changed ASD module 3000 model range to F020/F021, *no sound difference*, so yeah, ASD was definitely off.

- Downgraded ASD module software *slightly*, since I was already on the latest software, but I downgraded from cafd_00000f9b-001_020_003 to cafd_00000f9b-001_020_002. Drove around a little, didn't notice too much of a difference, but there might have been a small one.

- Found a "Competition Paket" option, turned that on, I think that produced a small amount of difference on my way to work. Probably just placebo.

Don't have time to play with this more until later tonight, but there was a material difference from the software update in how ASD behaves. To many, this will be a welcomed change. To others like me, it's kind of annoying - I thought the sound engineers did a good job creating an aural experience. The car is loud on the outside, but pretty damn quiet on the inside without some "fake noises".

It's also possible that the ASD module needs to "relearn" after software changes and gets louder over time, or it's simply just the user becoming accustomed to the new reality.

Not a whole lot I can do at this point because I'm on the latest firmware and downgrade options are limited, if I can manage to find an older CAFD file for the ASD module that actually works with the latest firmware, then that might be something to try.

All in all, I hope these findings are helpful.
Competition Paket might be just a different MDM. Interesting that it was in there though
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0