Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3ryder55 View Post
I find it comedy how the forums work.

I've been around forums since i was 13. My first forum was e46 fanatics about 10 years ago. I remember when the E46 got replaced w/ the E9X, the amount of backlash the car received. People hated the design, people criticized the BMW and Chris Bangle for ruining the BMW 3 series. The rear end was controversial, the front end not as bad but people hated the rounded front end look, people hated the lack of fender flares. They ruined the classic E46. Now the cycle is repeating itself to some extent, but consensus on this next generation overall has been better than the E9X arrival, which is a good thing.

At the end of the day, THERE WILL ALWAYS be something newer and believe it or not BETTER. The one thing I will miss the MOST about the outgoing E9X generation is that S65. Something about driving a 3 series M car, w/ a naturally aspirated V8 motor that sounds like an exotic w/ an after market exhaust is truly a joyful driving experience. However, the same engineers (M division) that developed legendary E30s, E36s, E46s, E9X, are now developing the next line up to replace the most famous and most important car to the M division. It is stupid to think BMW is going to let us down, we should know better.

Time will tell however. Lets wait until the final specs are released. I think this car will have more than 430hp, but thats just my opinion even though I read somewhere that the power specs were confirmed. I think it will be around 450-475, and they will offer a comp package later this time worth getting due to a boost upgrade to about 500-525hp.

With car engineering/designing, their is always a balance and compromise that needs to be made. For example, people are critical of the new generation F30's/F80's interiors. I can not emphasize to you guys, how much I hated my E90s interior, the cup holder design was absolutely garbage. With that being said, I do not like the placement location/ and design for the new navigation systems on these new generation 3/4's. Its a balance and compromise, shit cup holder vs. odd looking navigation placement. Another compromise w/ a 4.0L V8 and a 3.0L I6. A car that doesn't get MPG rather has a timer for a fuel gauge (V8) vs. a motor that is supposedly 25% more efficient than the V8. Balance and compromise.

At the end of the day the F80/F30 M, it will be better, it will be faster, it will be nicer, it will be sicker, it will be desirable, and for BMWs sake it will be a revolutionary M car. For those of us in denial its time to wake up. If I had the choice and could afford it, I'd have an E92 and a F80.. Shit I'd have a E46, E36 and E30. They are legendary cars in their own ways (maybe not so much the E36); I've been fortunate enough to grow up around a motor head M family. We have owned 9 M3's in the past 15 years. 2 E36s, 4 E46s, 2 E92s, and my E90. Each generation was significantly different from one another. Some things better and worse in every generation when you compare apples to apples. One thing holds however- every generation that replaced the outgoing one, was SUBSTANTIALLY better overall.

As for the looks, I think the car looks SEXY. Aggressive/MEAN, at the same time elegant and classy. BMW did a great job overall w/ the exterior design. The parts on this latest spotting look more realistic to what will be launched by bmw--- chrome grills, and no CF front lip like on the concept.

Cheers!

Yep! Mark our words.....this FX generation will be heralded too.
Appreciate 0