View Single Post
      05-01-2014, 06:52 AM   #191
gmd2003
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2014 CP M6 and 2006 VT 525 Z4M

The main people talking negative about the competition pack are those that don't have it lol . Having driven both an m6 CP and non extensively I think I can be objective . These are the benefits in order of an enthusiast who tracks regularly and appreciates dynamics .
1.)Steering: The 20% shorter steering ratio , revised bushings , and revised control arms up front added a TON of steering feel to the car . This is the way it should have come from the factory in the first place . Whole thing is worth it just for this . People who do a 10 min test drive at 45 mph and say they can't tell ( duh ) . The second you push the car the difference is massive .
2) suspension :
The springs and dampers are both 20% stiffer and the car is lowered 10mm . This was another huge difference between the standard car . Much less body roll, and the car is jus much more composed and controllable at the limit , and in just everyday highway speed lane changes .
3.) reprogrammed MDM :
The new MDM mode puts the power down extremely well while allowing a little more tail out action .
4.)Power: The CP is likely a bit more than 15 hp , my stock Vbox runs of 11.6@127 proves that . Can you do a piggyback to increase the power more sure , but so can I . And then the CP car will still be sig faster than a non . The best thing is the dyno and butt dyno proven fact the CP makes more HP up until 7100 rpm . This makes it feel more like a classic M motor .
5.) CP exhaust : makes the aural experience significantly better than the too quiet standard exhaust . It actually has more pops and burbles than some of the aftermarket exhausts and the black chrome tips look great .
So as you can see you get a lot for 7k which if you wait from launch you can essentially get negotiated away from the price like I did . Do I wish these things were standard ? Of course , hell the suspension and steering should have been that way from the factory . But is the CP a more dynamic , fun car to drive than a standard M6 . Oh yeah. Without a doubt .
George
Appreciate 0