View Single Post
      05-01-2014, 09:47 AM   #192
Tonymiabmw
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Nardo F90 M5 on order

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmd2003
The main people talking negative about the competition pack are those that don't have it lol . Having driven both an m6 CP and non extensively I think I can be objective . These are the benefits in order of an enthusiast who tracks regularly and appreciates dynamics .
1.)Steering: The 20% shorter steering ratio , revised bushings , and revised control arms up front added a TON of steering feel to the car . This is the way it should have come from the factory in the first place . Whole thing is worth it just for this . People who do a 10 min test drive at 45 mph and say they can't tell ( duh ) . The second you push the car the difference is massive .
2) suspension :
The springs and dampers are both 20% stiffer and the car is lowered 10mm . This was another huge difference between the standard car . Much less body roll, and the car is jus much more composed and controllable at the limit , and in just everyday highway speed lane changes .
3.) reprogrammed MDM :
The new MDM mode puts the power down extremely well while allowing a little more tail out action .
4.)Power: The CP is likely a bit more than 15 hp , my stock Vbox runs of 11.6@127 proves that . Can you do a piggyback to increase the power more sure , but so can I . And then the CP car will still be sig faster than a non . The best thing is the dyno and butt dyno proven fact the CP makes more HP up until 7100 rpm . This makes it feel more like a classic M motor .
5.) CP exhaust : makes the aural experience significantly better than the too quiet standard exhaust . It actually has more pops and burbles than some of the aftermarket exhausts and the black chrome tips look great .
So as you can see you get a lot for 7k which if you wait from launch you can essentially get negotiated away from the price like I did . Do I wish these things were standard ? Of course , hell the suspension and steering should have been that way from the factory . But is the CP a more dynamic , fun car to drive than a standard M6 . Oh yeah. Without a doubt .
George
The CP on M3 will not be as extensive as the M5, it will have wheels and lower ride height and maybe steering. That's what's is always been on the M3
Appreciate 0