Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M

Garage List
2020 BMW X3MC  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagi View Post
I have been looking into this as well and found a few options.

On eBay you could get an NBT evo id4 and flash it to ID6 using the same screen and controller. Some go for 400 ish..

Complete NBT evo id5/ID6 sets seem to go for around 1500 + usd..

Is the 8.8 touchscreen a direct swap with no modifications? Does anyone know if the 10 inch screen I believe require modifications?

I have a 2015 m3 but 2014 build.

I did see some vendors on eBay having the built in gps, but what else would I loose aside from connected drive for those who did this?

Is the sound quality still the same as the Harmon kardon logic 7 etc that comes in the car..might be a silly question!

A lot of these vendors give 1 year warranty, anyone experiencing any issues ?
I'll try and answer these in order to help.

1 - Ordering an NBT EVO ID4 unit on eBay: Only do this if your existing ID4 headunit isn't NBT EVO. Otherwise there's no need to buy a separate unit unless you want an entire dedicated spare unit. Reach out to vendor kubax86 for assistance on purchasing the code flash.

2 - Yeah that's about right through companies like Retrofitmybimmer, Bimmertech, etc.

3 - 8.8" touchscreen requires no modifications except for coding to support the new screen. This can be done prior to install by a vendor like Retrofitmybimmer so it's completely plug and play (you won't have to do the coding at time of install). I had an older, non-touchscreen 8.8" screen and upgraded to the 8.8" touchscreen. It was well worth the investment to upgrade, in my opinion.

Upgrading to a 10" touchscreen is definitely possible. It requires coding to support, same scenario as above. But it will also require some slight trimming of the rear of the screen plastic to fit properly in your F80. Tommy L Garage has a great video on YouTube on how he did it. It's easy, but I just didn't feel like doing the extra work for a slightly larger screen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QL_i...l=TommyLGarage

4 - Can't speak to the 2015 model, I believe there are some features lost for whatever reason in the 2015 model year vs. any other. Perhaps someone else can chime in here.

5 - Sound Quality - if you stick with OEM, there is absolutely no loss in sound quality. That's exactly why i wanted to stick with the OEM swap vs. the cheap Bimmertech MMI module/Aliexpress MMI module. That uses analog audio output I believe and from reading on the forums here from other members, there are a lot of audio issues with that. Your mileage may vary with that solution but I wanted to avoid all that and just stick with OEM to OEM swap and retain full functionality and audio quality.
Previous: 2016 F82 ///M4 Black Sapphire Metallic | My Build Thread
Appreciate 0