View Single Post
      01-07-2014, 10:50 AM   #198
19x
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

I don't understand what most people are bitching about.

These are and always were two entirely different cars, for a reason.

If you are seriously considering the AMG Merc over the M3/M4, then you should absolutely go for the Merc.

The reason I say this is because true M3 enthusiasts see past the horsepower figure. To us, there's more to a car than just price, power, and looks.

If you cannot grasp this concept, then by all means go for the Merc. The M3/M4 won't appeal to all audiences. And that's a good thing for many reasons.

Historically, BMW M models were always underpowered vs the AMG competitors. And that's okay.

I've owned my e46 M3 for 9 years. I drove plenty of faster cars, including non-AMG Mercs that would absolutely crush my M3 in a drag race. Hell, at this point, possibly even at the track.

But guess what? - I don't care!

There's just something rewarding about driving my car, a feeling that I simply never achieved when driving any of those other faster competitors, be it Merc AMG, Audi S/RS line, WRX/STi, etc.

If this is not something that you understand, then you definitely shouldn't own an M3/M4.

Some people simply don't "see" this "rewarding" experience, the maneuverability aspect, the nimbleness, and the precise feedback characteristics of the M3. And, again, it's okay if you don't.

If you have to question owning an M3, then you probably shouldn't own one.
Appreciate 0