03-21-2017, 10:58 AM   #23
Kabrich
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 AH3 (335IH) 3F93 MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverF10M5 View Post
BMWFS has cars located in every region throughout the US. In all seriousness, the market location doesn't dictate how much a car will sell for. There are more online bidders on these cars than there are in-person buyers. My figures are averages. So of course some cars sell for more, but history has shown it isn't relative to location. Do you have access to Manheim? If so, look for yourself. Otherwise, don't speak on things you know nothing of. You M3 owners sure do get your feelings hurt easily. I'm glad I have an M6.
Yes I have access to Mannheim. And looking through BMWs sales I can find variations in auction prices for the same year/model of 30%. Thus averages mean very little.

And apparently unlike you, I know that BMWFS will ship cars to auction in other regions if they believe they will bring higher prices in that area.

Clearly, they are putting their money in solid knowledge. So in your words.."otherwise, don't speak on things you know nothing of", clearly you violated your own advice.

And I don't have a M3. Further proof you didn't follow your own advice.

Never knew M6 owners had that bid if an ego.

And post #5, an Auto Finance Manager who you dismissed has it right, showing why your averages/assumptions are guidelines, not fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLAW702 View Post
You have no miles or options listed and the market your in will depend on what the car brings at the auction. Automotive Finance Manager here

We recently took in a 2016 M3 black saphire metallic with 9,049 miles. Car was a 6MT with drivers assistance package, M adaptive suspension, MSRP was 72,600 we gave him 56,000 for it. He was a manager at the store so he got the most he could from the trade in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverF10M5 View Post
Here are updated auction values from Manheim. These numbers are straight from Manheim. I did not come up with any of these myself.

F80 M3

Historical Average:

Past 30 Days
$60,500

6 Months Ago
$64,900

Projected Average:

Next Month
$61,400
EDIT: Almost forgot, in October I was offered up to 20% HIGHER price (CarMax and BMW Dealers - outright sales, no trade in) than any other BMW Year/Model (stock/OEM) that had gone through Manheim Nationwide last year.

That would have been roughly 30% higher than average price than Manheim.

I only point this out, not to crow about it, but point out there are A LOT more to look at than a simple average price.

Last edited by Kabrich; 03-21-2017 at 11:19 AM..
Appreciate 0