03-11-2019, 08:52 AM   #113
G4BR13L
Major
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evren View Post
Should i change sch part for bm3 stage1? what do you think? (2015 dct m4)
I would change it because it is way cheaper than having to replace the entire engine for $25k or more.
I would install at least the Crank Bolt Capture from VTT because from what I have been reading this seems to resolve most of the issues but I am afraid that this will not resolve the issue with the slipping sprockets.

I have also a 2015 M4 DCT and I am afraid that we are going to have to replace the crank hub with a one piece crank hub (like the solution from Gintani). It seems that later production models (> December 2015) received a new bedplate design and friction plates but as it turns out this is not a solution either.

The Gintani kit is a relatively taken expensive solution because it is going to be very labour intensive. I am estimating a total cost of somewhere between $4,000 and $5,000.
For the Crank Bolt Capture from VTT I am estimating it would cost in total about $800 to $1,000.

Or offcourse another option is to not change anything and save you the money and deal with the costs later on when and if you will ever encounter damage caused by a spinning crank hub.

Last edited by G4BR13L; 03-11-2019 at 09:01 AM..
Appreciate 0