OhioRiderAaron
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aswy6 View Post
Hey guys,

I am finally doing my first ever track day on May 17th (Pacific Northwest), super exited for it however a little bit worried from reading other threads regarding MPSS tires. My car has about 29k miles and tires were put on like 4k miles ago if not less so they have some meat left. Is there anything special i should know to not destroy my tires because i kind of want to make it through the summer on them? Am i going to be fine for my first ever track day?
You'll be fine for your first track event, just be mindful that they dont like to be over-driven and have accelerated wear in a track environment. Listen to the tires (literally) and they will tell you when you're over doing it and need to back off a bit. Dont have aggresive entey or exit speeds. Depending on your skill level and advancement through the weekend you may have to drive less than your ability to preserve the tires and brakes. I would recommend running a higher PSI so you dont destroy the outside edges of the tires too. Dont forget to have fun!
Appreciate 0