View Single Post
      05-09-2019, 01:44 PM   #20
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: C6Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRiderAaron View Post
In your first event you should never get to the point of being out of control. Your instructor should ensure you drive within your abilities and that is normally way below the incident threshold. I'd say most of the on-track incidents I've seen over the last 4 years have been in the instructor or advanced level groups, not the noob groups.

I would hold off on insurance until you get 1-2 events under your belt and have a better idea of what confidence level you have.
I disagree on that advice re the insurance. I think if you aren't ready to eat the replacement cash cost of totaling the car you should get insurance for the car or not use it for the track.

Really random stuff can happen (e.g. car doesn't have brakes going into a corner and rear ends another car, coolant line (yours or someone else's) or oil line bursts during your corner entry, etc etc) and someone can get taken out through no fault of their own

Quote:
Originally Posted by richf80 View Post
I did my first ever HPDE session this weekend with BMW CCA. It was a blast and I learned so much from my instructor.

Pic of tires after event attached. The PSS did better then I expected and have plenty of tread left.
Congrats on achieving your first HPDE. you'll soon be toasting PSS tires quickly like everyone else
Appreciate 0