08-02-2019, 12:07 PM   #17
BS_CS
No Armrest club
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M3 CS / 2014 BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptz View Post
I really have no clue where they are made, but to get them created, finished to factory looking paint and to Iowa in less then 30 days id say there is a good chance they are not coming from over seas. Along those lines I am not so sure I would care if they were.
Doesn't really matter where they're made since it's just a machinist with a lathe/4-axis machine (or similar) operating it, it's where the forgings are sourced from. That's what determines what kind of quality aluminum is being used. It's not enough to say it's T6-6061 aluminum, we should know where the forgings are sourced in order to determine the quality of them. Also the FEA analysis and how well the wheels were designed to ensure that you won't have any issues with cracking, but there's no ideal way for any customer to verify that before buying.

Seeing they were made in 30 days probably means they have forgings at their facility already in stock so you're probably right, they're not likely machined overseas, but that doesn't determine the quality. I could have a Michelin starred chef attempt to make the best meal he/she can, but if he's working with rat meat, how good is it really going to be? I'd rather have a wagyu beef handled by an ordinary chef as you're more than likely going to get a pretty good meal out of it.

Last edited by BS_CS; 08-02-2019 at 12:14 PM..
Appreciate 0