08-06-2019, 07:16 AM   #21
Tommy L Garage
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 YMB M3 6MT CP EP VP

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightarmor View Post
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to follow up on my previous post, Richland reconnected with me and were able to clarify on this whole situation. The downlow (and I’ve gotten permission to post up on this) is that it’s basically a small group of Aerospace Engineers (of which the main guy is a BMW enthusiast) coming up with some OEM style plus-sized custom forged wheels and they are currently in the R&D phase. The wheels are indeed being manufactured overseas and coming out of a reputable CM (Contract Manufacturer) that produces wheels for other stateside companies. There is obviously a prototype set of 20” forged 437’s already in the hands of a pilot customer and soon there will be a proto set of 20” forged GT4 style wheels (that I may be testing). We have not committed anything to each other at this point but I have offered my assistance and Richland seems positive about letting me help out. If you have any interest in being part of the pilot pre-production program (which gets you a set of wheels at pre-release pricing) you should email them at richlandforged@gmail.com

Overall it’ll be a little while before actual production units are offered but if you’re looking for something that’s a plus size OE style forged wheel these are the guys you should be paying attention to. I also suggested offering more aggressive offsets for those of you who prefer to run something a bit wilder than the rest of us!
Exciting times to be living in.
I myself would love oem-style wheels that are wider and more aggressively offset.
Appreciate 0