View Single Post
      01-12-2018, 03:49 PM   #14
Venere
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Audi A6

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDBGOD View Post
D1 shifts much less aggressively/smoother than D3, which basically holds gear until redline. If someone is complaining about "rev holding" I'm pretty sure most aren't trying to floor it in efficient.

Never really noticed it unless I was sport plus+ D3 + max throttle driving aggressively. So use a lesser setting, or just switch to paddles and upshift yourself if it bugs you. Not a big deal, and totally normal.
I've tried using different settings. Not much difference regardless of settings in my experience. Non-M mode, startup default settings, efficiency throttle setting, D1 gearbox setting.....do what the OP said and you will find that it still holds onto the gear for quite some time. Like I said earlier, this is just fine for the more aggressive Sport settings and would be appreciated on a race track, but for more relaxed daily driver times it's annoying. I would expect a supposedly intelligent and adaptive transmission to do a better job of recognizing the situation (standard driving mode but with a quick spike of acceleration for passing/merging/fun) and upshifting to a taller gear fairly quickly after easing back on the throttle. And yes, I know I can always use manual mode, but we are discussing the logic behind the automatic mode, and all I can say is it leaves a lot to be desired. I love the DCT in general, but this is one area it need improving.
Appreciate 0