09-15-2015, 01:39 PM   #27
JamesGames
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E60 550i|F82 M4|F48 X1|VA STi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex o View Post
Very good conversation here. I'm glad you joined and have been contributing very good information to the forum. It's refreshing.

One small note to point out about helper springs and coilover kits. All the coilover kits that come with helper springs are in the upper range of each respective company's product line (way out of OP's budget). Until you get to the track coilover with camber plates, you'll mostly see the conical spring that utilizes the OEM tophat. For kits like the KW V3, this is it's biggest downfall IMO. Having a loose front spring always seemed ghetto to me; reminds me of back in my JDM days when we used to just cut springs in the backyard.

To me personally, the compromise in suspension is mostly in my disappearing cash; all out or nothing.
I thought about the "all-out" figure too, but when you go all out, you still have to determine your priorities - aesthetics / track / street / comfort, they all are functions in one way or another of each other, and usually not directly proportional... I myself am too lazy to adjust rebound / compression all the time, and my M4 will strictly be daily driver with possibly a handful of trackdays across 5 years the more expensive setups just end up having more capabilities, and better at doing them. JRZ seems to do the best all around job right now.. if money is no issue I'd go

Ohlins / JRZ
Bilstein PSS10 / Clubsports
and Budget setup is Swift + aftermarket shocks

I've always ran my secondary option (blisteins) but lately I've been feeling little lazy (older?) and don't want to deal with rubbing fenders, scraping front lip, and want to just run a sub 500 dollar swift setup on my new f82 shocks until they seem blown, then probably set it up to PSS10 / JRZ in 2-3 years; also leaves some funds for exhaust to get rid of the lawnmower sound - but I digress.

Great thread.. much better than some hella slammed bagged flush yo thread

I ran eibach sportlines in the "jdm" days - I learned 12 years ago the hard way......
Appreciate 0