View Single Post
      10-22-2015, 11:05 AM   #18
Capt Crunch
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myfirstbmwinsertcodehere View Post
I'm now finishing my MBA and am 25. In the states, the stats. say that I will be able to get a job with AT LEAST 115k salary, since my B school is in the top 20.
Hey, not to be a total downer, because getting a sweet car is a lot of fun, but there are only a couple ways that I see the above happening:
  1. You are hot shit and become an Associate a McKinsey, BCG, or Bain (2nd tier in big cities too, perhaps, not sure)
  2. You get a Wallstreet job, but in Chicago (because you're not going to get a car in NYC)

Let me give some unsolicited advice, generally, the salary you are given is proportional to the value you provide (money you generate is a good proxy) for the company you work for. It is generally very had to demonstrate to any company that you can generate that kind of dough straight out of school. In fact, I'd bet good money that the greatest jump in the value you can provide will be the first 3 years of your career, not the 3 years of grad school you have.

I don't want to discourage you. It doesn't take long to demonstrate value. In 3-5 years, if you're hot shit, then you can make a LOT more than $115k, but it's unlikely right out of the gate.
Appreciate 0