View Single Post
      10-20-2021, 04:58 PM   #164
Uzr133
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemetier View Post
... That's the number one problem. Hell, I can wear out an MCCB rotor in ZERO miles/KM. Stick it in a 500C oven for 30 mins and nothing but a ceramic shell with a ton of little holes will remain. Let it cool then flick it with a finger. It will shatter into pieces. In one of the other threads, I quoted the engineer responsible for MCCB figure of 600C as the initial oxidation point. I now have a document from SGL/BMW that states it's in fact only 500C as there are two different types of fiber used in the chop material. The fibers are recycled from BMW and Boeing manufacturing waste and it is the BMW trimmings that are lower temp. ...
So, if that's true, this person's CCB rotors should disintegrate any time, now ...

This car has TiKT brake-cooling ducts and the front rotor temps are overlaid onto this video. Lap after lap, the car drops 200+ kph (125 mph) under heavy braking. The brakes hit over 800 deg C and are over 500 deg C for a significant portion of the time. Apparently, the pads are a special RSC formulation that they have worked with Pagid to develop.
Appreciate 0