09-27-2013, 05:54 PM   #137
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW M Power Mexico View Post
I am amazed by how this little thing has most here with your panties in a bunch.

I have owned an E46 M3, now E90 M3 & 1M.

I recently drove both the M135i and the M5 and they sound fantastic. Who gives a damn about this as long as the sound is believable and great.

Get a life people. I wish my 1M had this system. It needs it.
With due to respect to a fellow 1M owner, I disagree. In fact, I believe if you go and ask this in the 1M Forum as a poll, I bet you will be in absolute minority who thinks this is a much needed feature.

Not that the car has enough engine noise, in that sense yes it needs it.

But, it sure doesn't need to "fix" this lack of engine noise through controversial technology. And there will be lots of people like me who will think that "believable" is not good enough.

Because 1M is all about simplicity and rawness. It is a straightforward machine and doesn't need to cover its inherent weaknesses with anything, the rest of the car is good enough to make you forget about that and no need to try to make it feel like "perfect". I need some kind of intimacy with a car that I really love to drive and own, I don't need technology tries to show me that it is better than it actually is.

The fact that this technology is essentially in use just to imitate something which is not there, at least not as much as it used to be in the past, is in a way an admission of guilt and I perceive it as cheating, with good intention maybe but still it feels like cheating.

That's my 2 cents about all this.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0