View Single Post
      01-21-2024, 02:45 PM   #10
Aeko
Private
Rep
Drives: '20 M2C, 01 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by McIntoshMotorSports View Post
That’s disappointing to hear, I’ve been really wanting to pull the trigger on the evolve setup + MSS HAS. What springs are you running? Most of reviews I’ve seen stress how compliant this setup is overall.

I experience similar bucking characteristics from time to time and really bad roads; I’m just on KW HAS with stock dampers that are almost at 100K miles. CS coding makes a noticeable difference however.
Stock M2C springs, this is on an F87. I went from non-EDC, to EDC (retrofit), to Evolve B6 EDC, all on stock springs so I got a 1:1:1 of what the dampers were like. Going EDC made a few of the changes I was looking for but the difference between modes wasn't quite as different as I was hoping, which is what the B6 promised. The difference between the firmest and softest B6 setting does not feel that much different than OE mode range on stock springs.

One of the main issues of note is that something seems off with the dampers and the Sport+ mode is the most comfortable, and Comfort is unbearably stiff. This was not a problem on the OE EDC dampers and all I did was directly swap the B6. I did a lot of troubleshooting and testing and everything else except the mode "flip" seems normal except the ride quality degraded significantly going from OE to Bilstein, likely due to the gas pressure as mentioned.

When it's in Sport+ with the B6 it does feel like it handles beautifully but it's still just too damn harsh for the terrible roads here. My next move is going with a new set of OE EDC ZCP struts (previous were used and I didn't know that the fronts were ZCP, rears were non-ZCP), and move to 18" wheels for more sidewall. I'm just not going to be able to get around that if I want to really drive the car more.
Appreciate 0