View Single Post
      01-23-2024, 09:26 PM   #19
RugbyBro
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3SQRD View Post
I agree with everything you said above except for TCK’s suspension offerings. They were great on the e46 but, with the spring rate limitations of F/R 400/700 lbf/in (rear divorced), the limitations started to show up on the e92. I tried the 400/700 setup with his SA dampers on one of our e92 M3s (wife’s car) in 2012 and the car was so underdamped that I pulled it off the car after just one week and purchased a set of JRZ RS1 with the same rates. No comparison between the two SA dampers and the 400/700 rates on the JRZs were perfect for a street biased setup so it wasn’t the spring rates. The TCK DA was only marginally better on the e92 than the SA setup. The weight of the F8x and its spring rate requirements, even for a street setup, are too high for the TCK SA and DA setups. It’s time for a change in his low spring rate philosophy setups.
Oh don’t worry I run the same spring rates as you (700 Front 600 True Coil rear) on 2WR as my dual purpose setup; totally agree this chassis likes stiffer springs and I plan on bumping by 100 lbs if/once the F80 becomes less of a DD. But I also ran 550/450 with stiffer sway bar settings and that felt great too, definitely more than capable enough on track and very very civilized on the street and no less capable for most drivers if I’m honest (myself included).

But we can’t compare a TC Kline setup to a proper MCS/JRZ/TTX setup, the TCs cost half as much or less. Really the context of my point is that as a full package (springs, perches, camber plates, shocks) at less than $3.5k I don’t think you’re going to find something better as a street + a couple track days a year setup. And if we’re talking about improving from stock ride & damping, I would say they definitely do that.