View Single Post
      10-24-2013, 08:09 AM   #31
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW M3 CRT View Post
Behind an C-class convertible is an big ?. It could be the case that they brings an new Sportcoupe (nearly confirmed!) instead.
Well from my perspective the C coupe is 100% guaranteed. I don't care what speculation might remain out there, to me there is absolutely no chance - zero - that Mercedes intro'd the W204 coupe half way through the chassis cycle only to opt not to follow up with a W205 successor. I mean that scenario just makes no sense whatsoever.

None of that is relevant to the convertible, however.

Quote:
Some sources has definetly ruled out an convertible based on the new W205 C-class. An possible A-class convertible simple could left no room for an C-class convertible until the all new E-class convertible (based on the new E-class!) hit the market.
The existence of the current E class coupe did not prevent the W204 C Class coupe, so I don't see why the existence of the E convertible will prevent an C convertible either.

CLA convertible is in a different segment, just like A3 convertible vs. A4 convertible.

In any case I agree a C AMG convertible is not a sure bet, but I give it a good shot.
Appreciate 0