pattymtb
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW F87 M2 (MG)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorsherk View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnriOsso View Post
What was wrong with it ? For Being a 2020 with only 20k+ Kms I'm surprised it had exterior issues I guess ?
It was a 1yr lease return from Quebec, and is at a used car dealer in Toronto.
It had 2 real nasty stone chips on hood, one rim had pretty bad curb rash, and it seemed almost every body panel had a defect (chip, scratch on rear bumper). Interior driver side door panel was beat up. Obviously the leasee didn't care about the car.

For 89k plus tax, I didn't feel it was quite worth it. And dealer wasn't looking to negotiate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will911t View Post
Taylor,

Keep sharing. I enjoy hearing updates. I was in the same boat as you last year- wanted an M3, manual and sunroof. It took me months to find with some teasers but when I did it was well worth it. In preparation of buying, I pre- purchased some items I knew I would want/need such as comp 666 rims, Weathertech mats, a trunk liner, rear diffuser.
Long story short- my patience finally paid off. Yours will too.

I keep checking your thread to see how your search is going. I contemplated selling mine but there is nothing else that can compare as an all around great versatile sports sedan with a manual transmission. Be patient, your time will come. Don't settle for an M4 as it is apparent you want the M3. Probably like you, I feel like the M3 shows off the lines of the car better then the M4 does.

All the best with your continued search,

Will
Hey Will,

I appreciate the your thoughts and words of encouragement.
You're absolutely right, I definitely want the M3 over the M4 but after talking with a couple dealers about keeping an eye out for one for me, they said they already have other people asking the same thing and if a dealer gets a 6mt M3 is pretty much already spoken for.

I'm glad to hear your patience paid off and gives me a slight glimpse of sunshine.

So I will press on and keep looking
Keep posting dw, he doesn't have to click the post if he doesn't want too. Also avoid Quebec cars at all cost unless you know the seller personally and they were first owner. Trust me