01-27-2021, 03:45 PM   #2321
swagon
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFNATIK View Post
I would agree that the E92 interior was in some ways better as it was more elegant. The lines flowed better, especially the dash on the passenger side. I also liked the double pod with the Nav screen. I enjoyed that design very much in my E60 M5 (LCI version was much better and more similar to the E92). What I didn't like was the carbon leather dash. The real CF on the F8X is very nice and matches the sportive theme of the vehicle. The F8X seats are also better IMO, despite losing the thigh extensions (great for long trips). Even the HK system in the E9X was better than the iteration in the F8X. Not sure why the newer system wasn't as punchy or smooth. Strange there...
The seats and seating position are better, yes. I'm not sure if I actually sit any lower in the F80 than E90 with manual seats, but it does feel like it probably due to the dash and higher door line maybe?

I have retrofitted the rare Aluminum Blade trim in the F80. The base door cards, sun visors and some of the plastics down there really are cheaper. Also funny how they got rid of the split armrest and the open/close button for it. It's little things like that. Old news, though.

Can't comment on H/K, didn't have it in either cars. E9x also had that Individual Audio option on six- and eight-cylinder cars.

I miss the old E91. Totally would get another wagon - this time round a 330i - or import a 335is Coupe from North America. Whenever I see an M Sport E9x, I go, "well, this looks like a proper BMW from miles away." Doesn't even have to be an M3, really.