///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBreeze View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by S4toM3 View Post
Generally speaking, I do agree with ///M4ster Yoda that it will be decades before EV's truly make ICE vehicles obsolete. However, I think we are just ~5 years away from EV's taking the majority of cars on the road.

Hell, here in Boulder, CO EV's already seem to account for 50%+ of vehicles out and about on a daily basis. Almost all of those are Model 3's. They've become more common around here than Subaru Outbacks. And I'm not even exaggerating.
Perhaps in major metro areas, but not gonna happen anywhere rural. Not too mention, it's just way too big of a hassle for road trips that are longer than the range. Most people who can afford it would simply just use the EV around town and keep an ICE vehicle for road trips. I'm definitely not anti-ev, it's great tech. But it's not the end be all automotive product, has pros and cons just like every other car.
Yup. I just drove back and forth from NY to Florida on I-95. Saw maybe 10 Tesla's going down and 4 coming back to NY. No exaggeration.

The majority of Tesla's are in Cali. And other urban areas. The rest of the US wants NOTHING to do with electric cars. They want huge F350s.

Colorado is California East at this stage in the game

It will take decades for the masses (in the US) to "adopt" EVs on a large scale.
Appreciate 1
TheBreeze254.50