08-22-2018, 11:52 PM   #1466
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW Hyundai Nissan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcades View Post
I officially dub you an official Asian because of how frugal you are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
You know what helps with sleeping? Digging! Come and help me and you'll sleep like a baby!

I have learned a lot about myself during this project. I have also learned a lot about my husband!

He has fever now, so I think he might not be full mental health but last night before he fell asleep I think I heard him say:

"Fine, we'll move in if you do the whole house for 30k"

I had counted it to eighty but if I dig the whole foundation on my own (saving 23k), learn how to do masonry so I build myself the fire places (saving five k in labor), shop for lumber basically naked (40% saving so abt 6k), do the yard with natural rocks I steal from a mining site (6k), buy windows and doors from where I can and not order all at once 3k save), and make my own trimmings for the inside and use floor materials I have to redo and age by myself (with any luck that'll be 10k) I can pull this off.

He is playing me for sure. He knows how far I'll go to save a buck but this is insanity.

I really miss reading post like this from Lups .
minn1914010.50