View Single Post
      04-02-2019, 10:17 PM   #806
TulaneAg
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 DCT Tanzanite Blue

Circuit of the Americas

2:43.74 TulaneAg M4 DCT (MPSS, PowerStop)

Lots of traffic this weekend so I ended up concentrating on putting together clean sectors vs. trying to get a clean full lap. The Optimal Lap on the session where I posted the above time was a 2:41.46 which I thought was pretty good stock except for brake pads.

I also set the above lap time with MDM (american) turned on but I started getting frustrated at its activity level and turned it off mid-session. I started posting some really good sector times right up until I overcooked it on the 8th lap of the session coming out of turn 6 and put it in the wall. Ended up with a dent in the left real quarter panel and I'm going to need a new bumper cover. Overall, not nearly as bad as it could've been...Needless to say, I ran the rest of the weekend with MDM on and only came close to that time once again (2:45.94 was my best time after the accident).

This was my first time tracking my M4 and I felt it was really hard to get a good time out of it. I already have a 981 Boxster S that I've set up for the track and I can toss that thing around brilliantly without a worry in the world. Spending the amount of money on camber plates, track wheels & tires, euro MDM coding, etc it would take to make the M4 dance when I already have a solid track car isn't adding up for me right now so I think her track days are over.
Appreciate 1
MaynardZed1234.50