07-17-2014, 08:50 PM   #1
Andrew
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 / E92 M3

Garage List
2003 BMW M3  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Catless Downpipe Installed on F80 M3 [VIDEO]

I went down to RaceWerkz the other day and got to check out their new custom downpipe for their F80 M3. It was already installed on the car when I got there so I wasn't able to grab pictures, but I was able to get some video footage from both outside and inside of the car.

As expected the power gains felt very noticeable and it the turbo spool was also very audible. They did a dyno comparison so we'll be able to see how much the power gains actually were, but until we see those charts you can take a listen at how the S55 engine sounds with a downpipe.

7/17 EDIT: I'm seeing everyone weigh in their opinions on the exhast tone so I just wanted to say this. Please note with a catless downpipe the OEM exhaust sound is magnified meaning, yes, there is going to be more rasp which you can clearly hear in the video. Going 12 years back, I remember hearing the same comments about rasp on the E46 M3 when owners first started installing headers to the stock exhaust system, however overtime companies started rolling out with products which basically eliminated rasp. For the early adopters I suggest keeping that in mind. The F8x aftermarket products are still in development and it's too early to have any permanent thoughts on the exhaust sound.

7/19 EDIT: Just stopped by today again and I heard there will be 20 units ready for sale within a couple weeks. Talk to Casey @ RaceWerkz for more info.

9/23 EDIT: RWE F8X M3/M4 Downpipe available! http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1036990

More pictures of the RaceWerkz F80 M3: http://bit.ly/1qh4IcD

Last edited by Andrew; 09-24-2014 at 12:20 AM..
Appreciate 1