01-16-2016, 02:56 AM   #6
TWiTCHY
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '13 AW E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcades View Post
I would take her in and have it checked out. Just tell them my alarm is being triggered and nothing seems to be triggering it. You can probably tell them you been rear ended before and maybe they will double check just in case.
Thanks, that was the plan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretariat View Post
Does your clock also shut off, and you have to reset the time. Either way I would say battery.
It does not. Battery seems good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
I'd say there's a better chance that something was damaged during the accident or a connection came loose during the accident and that the shop doing the work simply didn't realize it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by heckyeahbro69 View Post
The alarm siren and tilt sensor is in the rear wheel arch. Maybe they installed it incorrectly and the car thinks the car is being tilted. You can take it apart and see if anything looks wrong. The dealer will be able to tell for sure whats setting off the alarm with ista-d. It logs what sets the alarm off each time.
This seems likely since the shop performing the repairs had to tear down a lot of the car. Not exactly sure to what extent, but I'll suggest that the dealer looks into the tilt sensor. Thanks!
Appreciate 0