tauzins
Wing Chun Shifter Speed
Rep
Drives: 2015 Tanz M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ6 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tauzins View Post
so MJ6 why'd you end up getting the spec over the clutch masters? im debating on what to do right now and im stuck between sticking OEM (FCPEURO) or go spec/clutchmasters.
There were a couple of reasons actually. The first two clutches I tried were both ClutchMasters, but I didn't have good luck with them personally. The FX1000 was too aggressive for my daily duties, and the FX250 started slipping on me during shifts under high load. I also had an issue with the clutch engagement point being too high on the FX250 which made it challenging to modulate at times.

The Spec clutch I'd heard about, but had an issue with one of their clutches on a previous platform so I wasn't keen on going that route at first. After dealing with the issues I had with the ClutchMasters though and reading about the experiences of many other enthusiasts both on and off the forum, I decided to give it a shot. And I'm glad I did. Much easier to drive on the daily, and clutch pedal modulation is close to stock-like. There's obviously a little chatter which is pretty par for the course with any aftermarket clutch which swaps out the dual mass FW for a single, but if I had it to do over again I wouldn't hesitate to go with the Spec Twin Disk.
This is the review I needed, a lot of ppl said no spec because of previous cars but few said spec on this platform was good but didn't have good reasons why.

So do you think clutch masters was just adjustment point? Or they could never get it right

Totaled:F30 335i | ER Chargepipe | ER Down-Pipe | Wagner Intercooler | BMS Intake | Meisterschaft Exhaust | MHD BEF JB4 Map 3 / 30% e85 / 50/50 Meth
Appreciate 0