Nativetexan
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibarra View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativetexan View Post
When COVID hit, I started looking at cars and nervously hoped for a smoking deal. My gut said, try to find one, my brain told me I was crazy to try and buy a car during such uncertain times.

In June 2020 I paid $58k for a 2018 ZCP with 17k that had a original sticker total of $84k and had a PPF track kit on it and decently new tires. That was a fair price at that time after perusing for a car for 3-4 months. I saw no "stellar deals".

After watching the pricing change over the last several months…If think if you can get the same spec'd car for close to $60k, I think you did well considering how insane prices have climbed. Just hold on to it for at least 2-3 years to get the "depreciated use" of the recent increases out it. Aka, put miles on it and enjoy it! Don't let it be a garage queen.

TLDR : anything near $60k for an '18 under 20k is a good deal now. But you better drive it to get the value out of recent price increases. Don't let it sit.

That's just my opinion.
I tried a lot to find one in that range with less than 20k but unfortunately, almost all were in the 20-40k range, which is not bad (mine was 36k miles when bought and drove 1,200 miles home )

it's crazy...but the ones I saw with less than 20k were actually in the high 60s, low 70s. Insane honestly.
Yeah I think I really lucked out. The dealer in North Carolina took it in on trade and I snagged it by luck immediately.

I was searching the BMW NA website where dealers list all their PO inventory. So I just refreshed that page like twice a day for months : )
Appreciate 0