03-27-2012, 05:03 PM   #242
BMW269
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli_HH View Post
Sounds logical ... the only real surprise in engine terms would be the first V6 in BMW history and the technical advantages of this concept for an sportscar are clear ... an N55 based 3.0ltr.R6 could never be an real surprise, because all think it could only be an R6 - "BMW only makes R6s" ... an R6 with 3.3ltr. displacement makes really less sence, because it needs an new and bigger engine block than the N55, thats meens higher costs and an packageing disadvantage for no performence increase over an 3.3ltr.V6.

The only two things where the M-GmbH could surprise its customers are:
- lower weight
- totally new engine concept

Only an better performence than all older M3s also wouldn´t be an surprise, because this was the case with every M3.

It would be an clever and innovative move if the M-GmbH gets its own engine family ... all based on the great S63Tü ... an 4.4ltr.V8 BiTurbo ... an 3.3ltr.V6 BiTurbo ... and an 2.2ltr.I4 Bi(Tri)Turbo.

But if the Informations leaked too early all surprise would be gone.

Yes! That´s right and/but its the only real reason that says N55 based 3.0ltr.R6 TriTurbo with the N57-S turbo system ... but never an surprise in M3 terms.

Greets Uli_HH

All what you say is what I have been always thinking. I am very sure on a 2.2l I4 for the M2.
Appreciate 0