Singletrack
4th down; 4th quarter? Renegade.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3; 19 FG M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMMM3 View Post
What do you mean by driven "properly"?
I mean if you understand the power delivery of the motor. Same thing with the S65 - try accelerating from 1500RPM in 6th on the highway - no pull at all. But, why would anyone do that? Doesn't stop journalists from doing it or people from complaining about it.

Quote:
And will it rev to 9000 or so?
Well not many cars rev to 9k period. But the only limiting factor is cost, which is obviously a huge concern for a mass production vehicle.

Quote:
And what do you mean by "appreciable"?
I mean that you can't appreciate the difference, eg it is almost irrelevant. Variable geometry turbos, twin turbos, and now tri-turbos are blurring the line of when boost "comes on". Drive an older turbo from the 90s, or even some from the 2000s and some of them had violent delivery of power when the turbo was in the sweet spot. And, if you go with a single turbo, you are making some kind of compromise in terms of power somewhere in the power band.

Quote:
I'll buy one when you can make the statement, "it has no lag even when you drive it improperly, and revs as high as the previous generation NA engine".
That doesn't make sense to me. Any of the current high revving V8s have very little power below 2.5k or so. There is no engine that does it all...at least not in a 70k-120k car.
Appreciate 0