Thread: I'm so screwed.
View Single Post
      05-29-2014, 10:56 PM   #82
Lups
Rep
Drives: I don't own a car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by w00tw00t View Post
My advice (not that I think you'd listen ) is that you should wait. You'll forever regret not getting your M4. Patience pays off every time and the M4/3 is worth waiting for. Alternatively, the only other two cars I would recommend is a Cayman GTS or a Corvette C7 which is about the same price range. I've been through many different cars and my opinion is that the M3/4, the Porsche Cayman/911 and the Corvette are the only three cars that handle awesomely and put a smile on my face everytime.

One indicator of great handling cars is what you see show up at the track. I've done over four years of track days, about 30-40 of them in total and I will see a lot of M3s, Porsche 911s and Caymans and Corvettes. These are the cars that when setup correctly usually hang together and are very fast. I hardly ever see any Audis or other german / higher end brands (not counting mustangs and occasional Evos, STIs etc).
Thank you for the advice. The waiting is not an option, since we move away again too soon, and I really, REALLY need and want my road trip. As stupid reason as that is to hurry, I'm going to take that. Yes, 29 build week is not a disaster, but that does going away alone impossible, and also the dear old spouse was nicely (I kind of stopped cooking for a week, and our grocery delivery system which is I stopped operating) asked to mark his holidays to the arrival of the car, he is the poor devil stuck with the kids while I disappear.

I can't handle buying an other Audi, that's completely out. Also Vettes are ruled out by the sheer looks, I can't understand them at all. Porsche would be the way to go, I'm now looking at the really old ones, since apparently they can be seen without loosing the lunch. I hate going hungry.
I know, I'm completely pathetic.
Appreciate 0