View Single Post
      10-04-2017, 10:53 AM   #134
evanevery
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: iXM60, i8 Rdstr, M4, i7 M70

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSanto View Post
Does anyone else have a Rotor/pad retrofit for the CCBs?
I don't believe so...

Perhaps the lesson here is that a retrofit kit is a compromise by any measure. My experience was, in fact, much worse than a simple compromise - it actually damaged my car. If you are trying to find metallic race pads to fit the OEM CCB calipers your choices will obviously be quite limited. Without a doubt, the pads from RB are pure crap and chosen without proper engineering review in the process.

I'm putting a full ESSEX/AP Radi-CAL kit on in a couple of weeks. It will obviously involve changing the calipers as well, but now that the RB "retrofit kit" has destroyed my factory front calipers, I need new ones anyway.

On a positive note, the AP Radi-CAL kit is a proper competition brake kit with LOTS of pad options from a variety of vendors. The new calipers fit pads which are 50% thicker (18mm) than the factory calipers will allow (12mm). In fact, if you have wheels which will clear the fitment, they also have another kit which provides 100% more pad thickness (24mm). The AP calipers also allow quick pad replacement without having to remove the calipers (unlike the factory BMW/Brembo CCB Calipers)...

Changing the calipers is no big deal. ...and you have to take off your factory CCB calipers to replace the pads anyway. All that's left is disconnecting/reconnecting the brake lines and some additional bleeding.
Appreciate 0