2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyfsu21 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyfsu21 View Post
So after 5 pages of this thread I still don't see a definitive answer. Are US customers getting M school vouchers with the purchase of a CS and "M Drivers Package" option?
The answer is 'Yes' for the US market. The CS comes with the M Driver's Package so it doesn't need to be purchased separately. You buy a CS, you get M Driver's Package.
Well then, Thermal here I come!
Be aware, M School is NOT the same as the M Driver's Program BUT you can convert them to the 1 Day M School.

M Driver's Program:
"BMW M vehicles provide a dose of adrenaline each time you drive them, and the M Driver's Program* will give you some insight into how much breathtaking performance these vehicles really have.

This unique one-day class will pair you with one other driver as you start in a classroom learning the basics like driving the perfect line.
Then head out to the vehicle's natural habitat: the racetrack.
Participate in pulse-pounding exercises like wet skid-pad drifting, accelerating and high-speed lane changing while maintaining total vehicle control. Finally, get behind an instructor for lead-follow lapping.
They will show you the ideal line gradually until you're pushing your M as hard as you can. Can you keep up with them?"

1 Day M School:
"You can't beat physics, but you can try. This school is about learning, understanding and practicing the basics of dynamic driving. Instructors jump right in to developing skill and technique with a brief classroom discussion. Then it's out to the track. Practice finding the proper driving line, braking into a corner, panic braking and the difference between slipping and a controlled drift. After a morning session of adrenaline pumping action, we break for lunch. The second half of the day sees you putting your new skills into action with our autocross, timed laps and skid pad time. This is one class you definitely want to graduate from.*"

https://bmwperformancecenter.com/school/classes/bmw/m

The main difference is that you DO NOT SHARE A CAR IN THE 1 DAY M SCHOOL but it looks like you get some lead follow on the Thermal track for the M Driver's Program. If it's anything like the M Track Day then the pace you at around 90% which amounts to 125mph on the back straight. You do not get to drive Thermal for the 1 Day M School. For the 2 Day M School you get time at Thermal and they pace you as fast as you can handle. We were at 100% and I topped out at ~145mph on the back.

I think most people convert to the 1 Day M School. IMHO you learn a lot more and come out a better driver. The M Drivers Program is a little lighter on the hardcore racing techniques but yet get to go to the Thermal track. I've done both the 1 and 2 Day M School and I highly recommend throwing in extra $$$ for the 2 Day.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 2
minn1914034.50
Tonyfsu21168.50