View Single Post
      04-12-2017, 03:48 PM   #14
neilum
Captain
Rep
Drives: 991.2 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknaz View Post
I think if you have enough mods to have ~420whp it will feel close in a straight line, and if you have that power level together with aftermarket full coilovers and more aggressive tires, then maybe it isn't worth the upgrade

stock vs stock, no comparison

BTW, why not get a 328d commuter, pocket the $ and get a full out sports car toy?
That's the issue, even if you did make that kind of power, the intercooler and cooling systems on the 340i would never keep up with the heat generated by the extra boost. The intake air temperatures would be unusable after 2 -3 pulls and it wouldn't make any where near 420 WHP anymore.

I had an N54 335 5 yrs ago with about 400 wheel HP and after 2 pulls I couldn't boost past 11 psi because the IAT's where too high. Then, I got an aftermarket IC, great I thought. Then, after 2 laps on the track the oil temps were above 260!

Then the brakes would be overwhelmed because they aren't 4/6 piston oversized drilled fixed caliper rotors.

The M literally has 7 coolers under the hood for heat management, there is too much to list to understand why you're better off just doing it right.

Plus there is way more to the M's handling/suspension than just coilovers, the entire front of the car feels like its built out of a piece of granite, it's just way tighter. You would never be able to reasonably replicate the responsiveness and buttoned down feeling the M has.
Appreciate 0