View Single Post
      11-21-2017, 08:41 PM   #19
Niart906
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3, 2003 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvergray545 View Post
How is everything else negligible? 100k typically means cooling system refresh and suspension refresh. Both, the alternator and starter are nearing the end of their life. It might be needing a clutch, depending on how it was driven. Brakes, also depending on how it was driven.

If you can't DIY these maintenance/repairs, it will be costly to have a shop do it.
I DIY everything. The work does not scare me, the downtime and parts cost is really the only concern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDBGOD View Post
Nothing is cheap really on an //M.

You also might want to consider waiting just a little longer. M3/4's are only going to keep depreciating and we are nearing the end of the current cycle. You may be able to pick up one with lower miles at a better price in the near future.
Had a buddy of mine pull the service records, only oddity I can see is the break in service was done at 2k miles. I've owned a few M cars before, I'm aware the parts and labor come at a premium. If this dealer won't budge on price, and the car is a dud, I'll just wait another year for them to depreciate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knepsterd View Post
good peeps at Freehold BMW, but over 100K miles for $35K....better off finding a car at $45K with half those miles and half the headaches imho...you'll pay $10K over the lifetime of that 100K mile car more quickly than a 45-50K mile car. Be prepared. It sounds like you want to get into a M3, but can't finance $45K-$50K used. Just be prepared to shell out $$$ if the 100K mile one becomes a burden especially a high tuned german car with that mileage...you will pay either way. And to dump it you will take a hit as well and will be hard to find a buyer.
I'd rather not finance that much, we are looking to purchase another house soon. So I need cash on hand for that. Besides, in another year I'd bet there will be plenty of F80's in the low $40's high $30's range.