Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW F31 330d

Quote:
Originally Posted by blau iii View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by aloo6 View Post
I had LASEK in the UK which I believe is the same as PRK. Had it done in March and can't recommend it enough.

I read a lot of the blogs online and was pretty anxious and nervous before the surgery. But my account was different, I was ok.

Realistically if you clear your diary for at least 4 days and just plan for dark rooms and radio you will be fine, it sounds sadistic but I enjoyed the time out from hectic work and being unable to use a phone due to glare and pain it was a nice break away from the world.

In the UK they give us an eyedrop painkiller/anaesthetic for extreme pain just encase it's unbearable, and I was nowhere near having to use it. I used 600mg ibuprofen and 30/500 co-codamol. The ibuprofen was really useful as it reduced the swelling on my eyelids which were pushing onto my eyes which was the most uncomfortable part, the co-codamol took the edge off it. I also had tramadol just incase

I've been using contacts for 10years and I would compare the pain within the first few days to getting soap dirt stuck under a lense when trying to put it in.

Once I got through it all I simply put the horror blogs you read online down to human nature. You very rarely praise something on the internet, but complain every time.

A realistic timeline:
Day one - pain! Basic painkillers soon as and your good.
Day two - reduction in pain but hyper sensitivity to light which brings constant tears.
Day three - reduction of pain again
Day four - start to handle light and tv, migranes after too long.
Day five - although vision is clear enough you can start to live a normal life again
Day seven - capable of driving
Up to 2 weeks - various level of vision, comes and goes.
how was the actual pain during the surgery? I had to go to the ER the only time i tried to wear contacts, I'm a huge baby when it comes to touching my eyes. They give tranquilizers here in the states for the procedure.
I know it will be hard to believe. But other than nerves and anxiety the operation is really easy, getting in the room is the hardest part. They numb you up with drops so it's only pressure around the eye you feel.

25mins after the surgery is when you feel pain, I took in a stress reliever which I think helped. Dose up before you go in.

I was the same with contacts and when it comes to eyes I'm easily concerned.
Appreciate 0