View Single Post
      06-18-2018, 08:50 PM   #29
larrylarry
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by blau iii View Post
I'm looking to have PRK done later this year. I have a bad astigmatism and can't do lasik. how painful/uncomfortable was the procedure and recovery.
Procedure was not painful at all. I was in and out in about ten minutes and that was with a med student. They gave me a couple Percocet and said be back tomorrow. I ate went to sleep and my wife woke me up a couple hours later and it felt like i had sand in my eye. It wasn't like mind numbing pain but it was uncomfortable. They use like a electric toothbrush type tool that basically grinds off the front of your eyeball and that part of your eye starts growing back but it grows with peaks and valleys, that is why it feels like you got sand in your eye. After the bandage contact comes out your eyelids actually knock all of those mountains on your eyeball and polish everything up. Really other than that first day and the day after you take the contacts I was pretty much painless. The worst part is probably the steroid drops you take for the next couple months, they get in your sinuses and they taste awful.

I can't say enough good things about it.
Appreciate 0