07-28-2021, 04:21 PM   #10352
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep
Drives: '24 GT4RS, '24 Macan GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thescout13 View Post
I would say this is very person specific. I have a screwed up back from the military, and lumbar support makes it worse for me. For example the competition seats in the F80 are much more comfortable than the normal seats. In the normal seats in my wife's old car, I used to set the lumbar to off and the side bolsters to max out (i.e., like the comp seats) to get comfortable. In the 911s I've driven I could never get comfortable in the 18-ways no matter what setting and I had to put the lumbar completely in and bolsters completely out before I even started to get kind of comfortable in those. Sat in the 4-ways and it felt perfect, like a glove and no issues with my back. So while I wish I had the memory package, my wife will be driving it only part of the time, and I value my back more than her and my convenience.
I am the same way actually. I prefer the F8x Competition Seats over the regular ones.

One of the reasons why I didn't order the LWBS is mainly because I want to be able to move in my seat and be a little more freeing. The way LWBS kinda forces you in a certain seating position and restrict you a lot actually bothers me. I am not claustrophobic but also don't like feeling so constrained when driving.
Sedan_Clan25169.50