View Single Post
      07-14-2018, 11:08 AM   #21
instarand
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amgkiller1017 View Post
Will the M3 values be going up now that they are ending production in 10/18?
I think as a whole market, they will continue to depreciate like normal. However, if you have a clean F80, in the right color combo, with 6MT and CP, you as an individual have a good chance of commanding a premium to the right buyer. Maybe not yet since there's still new F80's on dealer lots. But in like 6 months from now when all the new ones are sold and there's still a good chunk of time before the next gen delivers - I believe we'll see a short lived spike in used F80 sales (for the right specific individual not the market average as a whole).

A similar thing was happening when the M2's stopped production for a short period of time in between model year - I forget if it was 2016 to 2017 maybe? There was a small period of time where you couldn't get one new.

And a clean used M2 was commanding new car prices - but it was short lived. Generally speaking, that was a bad deal for the buyer. But to an individual buyer and an individual seller people were making deals at those prices.

My theory is all assuming that there a RWD and 6MT is available in the new M3 model. If that's not the case then I do believe there will be an increase in F80 MT values. Not Porsche 993 like. But a lesser depreciation to normal M3/M4 values.
Appreciate 0