View Single Post
      06-26-2022, 03:55 PM   #26
MaX PL
Major
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_SheerDrivingPleasure View Post
For those that had bearings fail did yours spew grease on the inside surface of your wheel barrel? I was cleaning my track set today and noticed one wheel has a crusty residue. Wondering if it could be bearing grease that baked on. No idea what else it could be. I have none of the typical symptoms.
I had the same thing happen on both of my front street, non track wheels.

Noticed it when swapping from winters this spring so something must have happened end of last year. Didnt notice it on my old EC7s though.

At first I thought it was my caliper somehow scraping on the barrel but after inspection I found that not to be the case.

You could be onto something with it being wheel bearings. I forgot to tell you but during the LRP event we both ran in May, I noticed every F8x car including M2s have a whistling like noise coming from them when making the left hander, including yours. It's something I've never heard from any of these cars in the past at this turn, however, but I did find it strange that about four cars were doing it.
Other gen M cars were not doing it which made me think back to what Shadow has said multiple times about the bearings going on these cars.

I didn't do any viewing/listening at that turn this past week unfortunately.

Last edited by MaX PL; 06-26-2022 at 04:01 PM..
Appreciate 1