09-21-2016, 11:58 PM   #42
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Any BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNoob View Post
Is there an advantage to preordering? My dealer basically told me to wait until November.
Your dealer obviously isn't seeing the demand at the local level that we are seeing at the national level. The advantage is basically securing your place in line to get one. =) If you wait until November to order you will be waiting until December most likely given the sales just today. From when I left the office at 5PM we had already pre-sold half of the initial first production run of 102 units (some random price drop from a 100 to 102 quantity apparently). Assuming roughly the same pace the initial batch will be sold out before the weekend. We will obviously put in another PO in before the end of the week assuming sales dont plummet overnight for more cores but thats another 6 week production cycle + transport which means mid-November until the second production run would be shipping from Dinan.

Like I said, we knew they would sell, and sell well, but weren't quite expecting this level of adoption. The M4/M3 crowd never ceases to amaze me.
Appreciate 0