Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneygrowsontrees View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DS_BMW View Post
I'm thinking dealers are going to have to get very aggressive with deals soon! I can't see them wanting to sit on all these 18MY at the end of the year.

There are over 950 new M3's listed on cars.com
I'm wondering the opposite, if you look at auctions it's frankly a graveyard for 15 f80 and 82's waiting to hit the block. People are terrified to buy them because the notion of how unreliable they are. So maybe it's. Or just the economy, maybe BMW is trying to Muniz's leasing and encourage buying 🤷🏻*♂️ who knows, not many CPO avail when comparing to the list for sale, and MANY at non BMW dealers 100 plus days thus doing the auction revolving door. With that said you'd think bmw would ecstatic with leases because all the selling dealers or buying at end of lease have to pay that residual value to leasing company
Yes, BMW is losing money on those $800 lease deal with 60% residuals.

I bought an used 2015 M4 with 14k miles back in August from a Lexus dealer. The car had almost every option available at the time with a MSRP of $88k. It has xpel PPF installed and in perfect condition, even the sakhir orange leather looks like no one ever sit on it before.

Guess how much the dealer paid for it? $41k! That is after the $4k low mileage adjustment. The real residual on 15 is about 42~45% if you pay attention to dealer auction price.

Unfortunately, BMW flooded the market with too many F80/82 with their aggressive leasing back then and now it is hurting them. I doubt the 60% residual will ever come back unless US government bans any car with less than 25mpg lol J/K
Appreciate 0