08-13-2019, 06:06 PM   #28
ntg44
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: R8 4.2 Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesGames View Post
For what it's worth I ran Bilstein PSS coilovers on E60 for 65k miles straight, still going strong without any leaks or blown shocks, ride quality still doesn't bounce or feel like crap. On the F82 I ran PSS10 for 3 years before switching to KW Clubsports 3 ways, mostly due to wanting a linear rate spring / camber kit. I don't think they are unreliable from my experience, quite the opposite actually, extremely reliable it seems.

To the OP, the damptronic vs pss10 seems to be similar kits minus EDC. You aren't wrong that these PSS10 seem to ride stiffer; the PSS10 ride traditionally has been known to be "softer" and "daily driver" compatible but when I ran them for 3 years, I always felt they weren't "soft." Then again, my settings were basically set at nearly full stiff. I'm on KW Clubsport 3 ways now which are supposed to be a lot stiffer, but that wasn't what I felt when I swapped.
Thanks, nice to read the PSS10 comparison. At the very least, after riding in passive mode for so long, I'm sure comfort is going to feel cushy in comparison haha.
Appreciate 0