06-24-2014, 10:17 AM   #677
Kurt_OH
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jockey View Post
Yes, it's called turbo charged. Lag will happen. However, it seems most of the lag seen by reviewers can either be attributed to DCT lag (not being in S3) or not being in Sport +. And there's some discussion when the anti-lag feature is actually enabled in in Sport + since it doesn't sound like Sport + is an on/off switch for it.
Isn't the spooled up turbo mode of sport plus time limited? Meaning that's not how most of your time driving this car will be experienced?

As for "its called turbo charged", yea we agree - That's one of the big downers of turbo engines. That, low revs, boring sound ...

Quote:
Also, more than just a handful of reviewers have labeled this engine has having linear power delivery which is pretty special for an F/I engine.
Power that builds is more exciting to me.

Quote:
This article does a very good job of describing the positive and negative attributes of the E92 M3, 1M, and F82: http://www.bimmerfile.com/2014/06/23.../#!prettyPhoto
That is an interesting article. Thanks!

Quote:
The S55 will no doubt be a special engine, just like the S65 and S54 before but for different reasons.
You've jumped to a wholly unsupported conclusion there. Until it proves itself in thousands of costumer scenarios and track days, it's just a commercial. Further, I'd argue that no matter how a 425 hp turbo motor performs, it simply isn't that special. It's a commodity. Would the M4 experience be that different with a detuned V6 from a GT-R or from the upcoming RS5? No, you probably wouldn't even notice if you already owned one and they snuck into your garage and did it overnight.

Try that with an S65.
Appreciate 0