View Single Post
      06-21-2021, 01:57 PM   #4701
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Hey minn19 - what's the deal on the Mercs? I'm putting a GLE 63 into the mix due to the shortages, etc ... that's a badass ride! It's not as fast as the BMW (barely) and doesn't handle as well BUT in it's giggly fun at every stoplight and I actually like the start-stop system!

I'll probably wait until fall to order or later due to every one of these SUVs selling like quarter taps on spring break
Honestly, I don't know much about it. It seems like it is the SUV version of a C63 so it has the great TT V8 and awesome interior. The infotainment layout/usage is worse than iDrive but much more configurable. Almost too much so, but once you get it down it's decent enough usage wise IMO. I love our Burmester much more than any HK system FWIW. Not a bad way to go if you are looking for that type of thing. The performance numbers look damn good. On that note, one thing I noticed is that the F80 M3/4 seemed to always get better 0-60 and 1/4 miles times must be due to traction off the line. Because our C63S feels much more muscular from a roll and everywhere else than my previous M3/4s (sound isn't even a contest). I can't overstate how great this engine is. The MCT isn't as good as BMWs DCT but better/on par the ZF8s IMO.

Last edited by minn19; 06-21-2021 at 05:24 PM..
Appreciate 2
GrussGott18193.50
myzmak2415.00