Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encanto View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by weavingtraffic View Post
I've been seeing you post this plenty. In quite a few threads. And haven't come across this to be true in any of my research. Not saying you're wrong because what do I know, but I am calling you out to provide a source for this information.

Here is an interesting post I have come across while searching the forums.
BMW OEM Technical training product information for the M Carbon Ceramic Brake System states that the reason of the booster difference between CCB and iron rotors is the increased coefficient of friction of the CCB rotors -in particular, "without this adaptation, the M Carbon ceramic brakes would be rated as disproportionately aggressive".

Nothing about bias, nothing about piston area, only about friction. If you just upgrade rotors and calipers with the M2C set, from the standard iron rotors setup then this is no different from an aftermarket BBK swap. The iron rotors booster handles the swap like the OEM that it is. Solid, repeatable hard braking, much more confident feeling than the 4/2 piston setup. Definitely, the reason that BMW created that combo for the M2C.

However, nobody should be experimenting a swap from CCB to iron rotors without the correct booster and the coding, just because then it is more than friction and the more aggressive feeling, it is now DSC, MDM and the ABS calibration that are being messed with.

The document is in here, you should search.
This^

I recently just retrofitted the CCB kit without replacing the booster. The brakes are incredible but a bit too sensitive. Say I'm about to slowly brake when going over a bump, the tiny foot pressure change due to the jolt will cause the whole car to brake as hard as if I hit a wall.

Instagram:catpupu_f80
Appreciate 0